Monday, May 2, 2011

Not Feeling Well - Getting New Companion

Hey,
this week is very sad. I was sick, my wonderful companion Elder Russon left me. I'm scared of my next companion. He is a real go getter i hear.. i have not had to be like that yet. So i guess it will be a good experience for me. Get me up to my full potential.

 I got to bear my testimony at church yesterday, in both wards.. it was a little nerve racking for a minute but then i started to get some confidence and i think i did alright. At least a few people told me they enjoyed it. So i am fine with that.

I hate being sick. Its pretty much not fun whatsoever.. especially when i had my last week to learn the area and spend time with a very good companion.. and i spent it laying down and throwing up a few times. And my throat is still sore. i hate it!

Unfortunately, Brother Afalava is leaving for Indianaoplis Colts training camp today so i won't be able to teach him the importance of going to the temple and the lovely covenants that are associated with that blessing. But hopefully i will somehow get to help him reach his full potential as well as me.

We taught a Lady and her daughter this week as well.. her son kind of too, but he was watching TV. They were pretty cool, their names are Kary, Destiny and Daymon.. i was feeling like crap when we taught them and they were super hyper because they were drinking coffee! Oh well, we will teach them about that soon enough. We are also going to be teaching a family of four next Saturday.. They are the Story family, Jennifer, Aubrey, Serina, and Bailey.. they are pretty cool too, except that one of them saw ghosts so we came over and blessed their home and gave her a blessing and now she says she doesn't see the ghost anymore.

I just wanna let you all know that i am sorry i have been not always been doing things to the best of my ability and i think that is going to drastically change in the next short while and i will become a full fledged messenger of Christ.. not that i wasn't before but i don't think my whole heart was in the right place, and although i am worried and scared even, i will be ok if i continue to do the things i know i should. I love you all and i will be a different person when i get home. a BETTER person. But still have the same Personality... maybe just a little refined.. we will see.

you guys have a good week i will pray for you all, just be the baller people that you are already and you will be fine! Keep up that reading with Ryan, he doesn't like it right now, but when he gets out here and that is all he does read, he will thank you guys for it.



love,


Your Loving Son


Elder Austin Jeffery Ballif