Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Growing Testimony

Hey Family, i hope and pray that you all had a good week.

I like that Ryan is doing some missionary work of his own.

I have seen a pretty huge testimony builder for me this morning actually. but as for the specifics you will have to wait until i return home. lets just say i now know and have a testimony of the reality of spirits, and they are in fact real. But i know that God is really there and he can only bless us with what we ask of him and having faith that we will receive it. I know that there are many scriptures that point that out but i never realized the reality of that fact. I have been focusing on being very specific in my prayers and asking for things. I have already been blessed with more light and understanding on several matters... i have started to thirst for knowledge and have noticed the way that God works and the way that the Prince of darkness works. Being personally influenced by both in my life. I, like Alma the younger had to be reborn of the spirit.. now i did not fall into a deep sleep and wake up changed. But i did have my heart broken by God and he is rebuilding it in his way.

This might not make sense to you guys because you haven't been around me for almost a year.. but i testify that i know that these things are real and i know that the priesthood is a real thing. And that most people stay in the basic knowledge where they stay until they die, because they do not have believing hearts. But as i have been reborn of the spirit i now know that God can do anything he deems necessary, and because of that i am glad. Because we have truly found Christs gospel on the earth. Not some church that thinks they have the truth. I am 100% positive that Joseph Smith was the Prophet to open up this last dispensation and that the gospel truths had to be restored. I am also positive i am a true disciple of Christ and this work is the work of my father in heaven. Although i do wish i could be home with you guys so i could serve you in any way i can, because i have a true love for you. I know that God sent me here for a reason and that it is necessary for me to stay until my time is complete. But i promise that i will work hard and brings souls unto salvation and that i may shine as the stars in heaven when my life has ended. (i have been reading the Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith and it is rubbing off on me a little bit) I love you guys and i will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Ryan needs to make sure that he is praying--that is how he can have the spirit guide him.

Have a great week,

Elder Ballif