Monday, February 13, 2012

Wild Week

Hey Family, Hope everything is going fantastic.

This week was pretty wild, Elder Goodfellow was sent home for medical reasons and I was partially not in my area this week. I am currently working in between my area and Eugene 3rd wards area. And I am feeling a little stressed but it is all good. A bowl of ice cream will fix me right up.

Therefore I believe I will be staying in my area for another transfer.. which means another 7 and 1/2 month area in a row for Elder Ballif. I think that I will be fine though.. Eugene is pretty crazy but we are finding a good amount of people to teach. And Shandra is doing good, she came to church yesterday and we are still working with her, she asked if we could move the baptism back and I am not going to baptize someone who feels like they are not ready for a covenant making ordinance. But she is still progressing, I think the next time we meet with her we will read from the scriptures and teach her about a few of the commandments, possibly that it is a commandment to study the scriptures.

I hope all is well and that you all are happy and safe. I got a really cool spiderman watch for two dollars that I have worn more then any other watch I have ever had. I love it.

Whoa, that's pretty wild that Alan Dixon is home now. Pretty awesome stuff, I can't remember who is next to come home out of my crew.. Probably Quentin or Avery.. I am not sure. Whateva.

My back hurts because I ride a bike that is not meant for a 6'4 7/8 person to ride.. And partially my bed.. I think I just want to buy a back brace or something... I don't know. I am trying to be the least stressful for you guys as I can be.

I like Josh read that talk and I often refer to it when I am trying to practice getting better at teaching. I really like the way he explained how the Holy Ghost specifically teaches to help us learn how to be influenced through the HG to be able to TEACH and help it STICK.

I miss you guys a lot right now especially since it is close to my Birthday... and I can't help little Ellie become like "Pearl the Landlord" (funny or die Will Ferrell video). Just kidding I would never do that unless I was paid really well. ;)

I love this church and a lot of people in it, I am grateful to be here to learn from all the people I serve around. There are a lot of really cool people in the wards that I have served in and I have enjoyed being here to meet these new peeps. I have changed quite a bit from when I was last home but I hope that it shall be a good change for everyone.

All I know is that I love you guys and I miss you a lot, but I still have important work to do and I will see this mission  through so I can say I have finished something good in my life. Then I will just totally be the same person I was and live with you guys till I am 40. :) Sound good?? cool.

I love you guys and I know that God is there and he can hear our prayers and answer them if we are keeping or at least trying hard to keep his Holy Commandments. I know that the Savior lives and he Atoned for our sins so we can all have a chance to come back to the kingdom of God. But we must CHOOSE what we will do in our lives to make sure that happens.

I pray that we can all CHOOSE to Submit to God's will and align our wants with his wants so we can be at peace.

I love you,

Elder Ballif