Monday, July 25, 2011

Hand Shakes before Hugs

Hey Family!


I hope you had a great week, Mine was very very slow.. Elder Hatton, (my baby) fell off his bike and landed on the curb. He broke his wrist and got some pretty gnarly road rash on his face so our mission president and his wife told us to take it easy this week. So we didn't do very much. I just sat in my apartment while he slept and healed. I got a lot of the bible read during that time. I am in 1 Corinthians chapter 4 now. I don't really understand how people can be so backwards on their beliefs and just rely on their pastor or priest and don't know anything themselves. And on top of that their priests and pastors tell them not to listen to us because we are of the devil. Very weird coming from a book that says not to judge and keep your body pure, and be spiritual.  "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you?" luke 9:41.

Anyways, if you are going to send me a package, i would like to request my black sunglasses that are the same as my prescription ones.. i need those! its really hot here but i am sure it is worse there. I just hate wearing business clothes in the hot summer heat!

 Elder Hatton is getting transferred to Medford to become a Spanish elder, and i am getting a new guy named Elder Young. He came out in December when i was in Salem. So i know who he is.... He always tried to hug me.... but i don't believe in fake affection. If you don't know someone... hugging is not the way to go for me. I shake hands and meet them. I hold hugs up there right before kisses.. and i sure as heck ain't kissing any of these children. so same goes for hugs.

Sorry that last part was me going off on a tangent my bad. I think that is funny Cameron is starting to talk like a hill billy, he would fit in great here!  :) hehe

Well, i am sure i will have a lot more to tell you next week since i will actually will be doing some decent work.

but until then! i love you all very much,

-Elder Ballif-