Monday, December 19, 2011

Finally Have a Place to Email

Hey Family, Today is a miracle. We have a place to Email!

Last week we tried to email at this place the Zone Leaders found for us but that didn't work out well at all.. It was a Volunteer Library and those computers there were dinosaurs. It seriously took 40 minutes to load up. And the internet was very slow as well, to the point that I was there about an hour and had time to read 1 email. So luckily we had Interviews with the mission president and they allowed us to email there for 15 minutes. And I finally had the chance to watch the video that Jenn and Kim made of the Lolly Pop guild. (the little ones) it was really cute. I miss them so much.. :( They have changed so much since I left. And I cannot wait to see them again. And hopefully see them on Skype on Christmas. (I still don't know if i will be able to skype or just call) but I will try to be able to skype.

I have been opening my gifts for christmas. And I enjoy the things you got me. I made the Christmas tree because Elder Gibson and I decided that our apartment needed a tree. I feel like Tyson will be getting home very soon or he already just got home.. I hope that he will email me a little more when he gets back but oh well.. I only got about 6 1/2 months left and I have been thinking of late about my plans for when I return home which I haven't figured out yet.

Christmas time is a hard time for missionary work here.. because everyone is leaving to spend time with their families and all that jazz. But we are teaching a lot of people.. and we have found a bunch of new investigators and are working hard. We had a lesson with a younger guy that is married and our interests are very similar.. we first met him while he was playing the new Call of Duty. And we came and taught the first lesson to him (his wife was with her family for a few days) but I think it went very well and we have another appointment for next Friday when his wife will be there too. We are excited because they are super nice and awesome people. God is definitely helping me because of my Diligence that Elder Gibson is helping me attain.

I read the Pearl of Great Price in 3 days and I wish there was more. I need to finish D&C and I think I will reread the Book of Mormon a fourth time. Things are going good for the most part, just sort of stressful due to not having a car and never knowing whither we will have a place to email or if we will be able to play sports on P-day but I have gotten a lot worse at sports in this area. I am not good at basketball or football now.. and my confidence is failing me. But I am working on it.. I need to start exercising more often and I think that will take care of that.

I am excited for Christmas and that I will be able to talk to you all again! that will be a good day for my soul. I don't think that it will be the same as last year, Better.

I love you all and can't wait to talk to you all on SUNDAY!

<3 Elder Ballif <3