Monday, September 12, 2011

1st Week in Eugene

Hello, Family..

I hope you guys are doing well, This week was good.. Eugene is pretty nice. I like the area better then Albany so far.. And my companion is really nice. We will get along famously. He is not an islander.. he is Hispanic. You pronounce his name Acunya but it is spelled Acuna with a ~ over the N.

I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks. We have some good things going on and they just baptized a family the night before I got here so the ward is pretty excited. The only bummer with this area is, we don't have the car on p-day.. and like no one around us does. So that sucks, its hard to organize some bball like this--but we still manage to get the job done.

I really like our ward mission leader, he is a younger guy named Brother Baird.. and we like a lot of the same things, so we are pretty much best friends.. he just doesn't know it yet. ;)

Unfortunately I haven't been reading as much of the Book of Mormon as I was... I was really on a tear there for a while. but I am on chapter 59 or so... so almost done with the wars and contentions of the days of Captain Moroni... he is a stud. What a Strategist. Reminds me of myself..... just kidding.

Anyways, Eugene is really green. A lot of hippies. And a lot of LOVE--almost as much love as I have for yall.

Have a good week, I love you guys

Elder Ballif